NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 24th Annual General Meeting (2022) of The Initiates Plc. (TIP) shall hold on Thursday,13 July, 2023 at the Conference Hall, Bon Hotel at LA Kings.31 Ken Saro wiwa Street, Former Stadium road, Rumuomasi, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, by 11:00am to discuss the following:
1. To receive and consider the Audited Financial Statement as at December 31, 2022, the report of
the Directors, the Audit Committee, the Auditors Report therein;
2a. To elect Chief Oboh Ozoherebe Gordon as a Director of the Company
2b To retire the following Directors and re-elect Prof.Edward Alikor as a Director of the Company:
i. Prof.Edward Alikor
ii. Chief Charles Aroawode Oboh
3. To re-appoint the Audit firm of Madu, Onyekwena & Co. as the Company’s External Auditors.
4. To authorize the Directors to fix the remuneration of Auditors.
5. To appoint/ re appoint members of the Audit Committee.
6. To disclose remuneration of Managers
7. To consider and approve the remuneration of Director,
S.230 (1) CAMA: Any member of a Company entitled to attend and vote at a meeting of the Company shall be entitled to appoint another person (whether a member or not) as his proxy to attend and vote instead of him, and a proxy appointment to attend and vote instead of a member shall also have the same right as the member to speak at the meeting. Executed proxy forms should be deposited with the Company Secretary at the registered office of the Company not later than 48hours before the meeting for Stamping at the Company’s expense.
2. Closure of Register of Members: The Register of Members of the Company will be closed on the 26 day of June to the 12 day of July 2023, both days inclusive.
3. UNCLAIMED DIVIDEND: Members who are yet to claim previous dividend(s) are advised to write or call at the office of the Registrars, Apel Capital & Trust (Registrars) Limited, 8, Alhaji Bashorun, Off Norman Williams Street, Ikoyi on 01-2932121, 07046126698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, www.apel.com.ng to confirm their dividend status.
4. RIGHT OF SHAREHOLDERS TO ASK QUESTIONS: Shareholders have a right to ask questions not only at the Meeting but also in writing prior to the Meeting and such questions must be submitted to the Company Secretary on or before the 6th. Day of July 2023.
5. Audit Committee Members: In accordance with section 404(6) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2020, any shareholder may nominate another Shareholder for election as a member of the Audit Committee by giving notice in writing of such nomination to the office of the Company Secretary situated at Plot 400, Location (new) road, off Aba/Port Harcourt Expressway, by Oyigbo Junction, Umuebule 5, P.O.Box 7242, Port Harcourt, Rivers State at least 21 days before the Annual General Meeting.
6. BIOGRAPHICAL DETAIL OF THE DIRECTOR FOR RE-ELECTION: The Biographical details of the Director submitted for re-election is contained in the Annual Report and on the Company’s website at www.initiatesgroup.com
7. Live Streaming of the AGM: The AGM will be streamed live. This will enable shareholders and other stakeholders who will not be attending physically to follow the proceedings. The link for the AGM live streaming will be made available on the Company’s website at www.initiatesgroup.com.
7. The 2022 Annual Report and Accounts of the Company shall be made available on the Company’s website; www.initiatesgroup.com
Dated this 27th day of April 2023
By Order of the Board